Monday, November 11, 2013

Savannah Half Marathon

Back in October during our fall break we went to visit the Snipes in Savannah. During our visit they offered me a free registration to the Rock-n-Roll Marathon. I knew I didn't have time to train for the full marathon so I decided to do the half marathon. I hadn't run a race in a really long time so I was excited. I have been running so much so training for it wasn't a big task for me which was nice since I didn't have a ton of time. On Friday morning we loaded up the big kids, dropped the little ones off with Rachel and headed to Savannah. That evening after we arrived we headed to the expo and I have never seen anything like it. There were so many people! It made me even more excited. The next morning Chris and I headed out early while the boys stayed with their friends to hang out for the day. It was perfect running weather and there was over 18,000 people running. There was live music every 2 miles and spectators the whole way. It was so much fun and I got a PR 1:52. Looking forward to my next race. 

No comments: