Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Moving Craziness

The day has finally arrived....MOVING DAY! Let me just say I never really wrapped my mind around us moving. This move was going to change a lot. Everything familiar was going away, but for some reason I didn't seem to really think about it. I guess it is my way of dealing with change. I have always thought that if I didn't make a big deal out of something than it wouldn't become a big deal and that is how I handled this move. On Friday, Kyle and I came up to the new house for the walk through. Chris picked up the big boys early from school so they could meet their new teachers. That apparently didn't go to well. Chris said that each of their teachers got filled up saying goodbye to them and Noah and his friend Peyton were a wreak. They were both so upset that they made the whole front office staff cry. Chris called to thanked me for letting me handle that one! The boys hadn't seen the house before so they were excited once they got here and even more excited to go meet their teachers. Saturday was spent doing more packing and a quick trip with some stuff. Sunday was the big moving day. I had to work so Chris and Owen picked up the moving truck and got to work. We hired some high school boys to help at the house in Marietta and then we headed up to Cumming where we had more help waiting. It all went as smoothly as a move can go. That night the boys spent the night at Rachel's and Chris and I slept in the new house. The past couple of days has been crazy and very busy. I am happy to say that we are all unpacked and Christmas decorations are even up! Everyone is happy and excited about the new house. We have already met our neighbors and they have boys and football games in the backyard has already begun. I have a feeling this is going to be a good move for our family.



I couldn't of made it through this week without the help of my sister. She cooked us dinner every night and took care of my kids! It is awesome living so close, only 10 minutes from each other!

No comments: