Sunday, August 25, 2013

Happy 9th Birthday!

Dear Owen,
   Happy 9th Birthday! The halfway point! I was looking at pictures of you the other day and I honestly can't believe how much you have grown over the past year. You are still my sweet, loving, Owen who loves to cuddle. You are also growing into such a great little man. You still make us laugh with your crazy sense of humor and you still are such a caring, loving brother and son. You have an incredible amount of patience, but watch out if you are tired or you have gotten in trouble. You hate when you get in trouble. You tend to put a lot of pressure on yourself to not make mistakes and you hate to admit you are wrong. You still love to read and draw. Recently you will go onto YouTube and search videos on how to draw things, make paper airplanes or bracelets and you get very determined. You still have a great imagination! I love spending time with you and to listen to all your stories from the day. Over the past year you have developed your own style. It consists of a flat brimmed hat worn backyards at all times! Recenlty it has consisted of the flat brimmed hat and University of GA jersey. Owen, Daddy and I are so proud of you and how you are growing into a great boy. Keep working hard and keep putting your trust in God. God has some great things in store for you! We had fun celebrating with you today. You knew exactly what you wanted to do and I think it was perfect. LOVE YOU!

The day started with a trip to Waffle House for breakfast. It was a first for most of us and it was a huge hit. Since we went out for breakfast on your birthday I had to make your traditional pancake the day before. 
After breakfast we came home and you and I went for a walk while the boys finished getting your birthday present ready. When we got back you walked into the basement and there was "Eye of a Tiger" blasting and flashing lights coming from the basement room. When you walked into the room you found your present and you were super excited! 
That afternoon we headed to Sky Zone with your friends. You all jumped like crazy!

Afterwards we headed back home for pizza and birthday cake which was Oreo pie, again requested by you!


It was a great day! Happy 9th Birthday Owen! Love you so much! 







No comments: