Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day and it was a good day. The usual stuff  that has happened in the past, I went to work the boys stayed home and cleaned my house which is just my favorite thing! We then went to Morgan State Park and out to dinner. Simple and good. Chris and I have been super busy lately and we are just tired! It was nice to have a low key day.
 
 

The day was great, but that evening wasn't the greatest. Noah had a project to do and I just couldn't get him to do it and he was waiting for me to just do it for him. I was tired and this didn't go over well with me. We ended up getting into an argument and by the time I went to bed I felt like the worse mom ever! I got to tell you the older they get the harder it is getting emotionally. I am including this in this post because it is the real part of being a mom. It is an emotional rollercoaster. Good and bad days even when it is suppose to be a holiday. This could have ruined my day but  I am working really hard on expectations. I didn't have expectations for the day and I hate that there is this pressure for that one day to celebrate moms. I think when you have expectations they can easily not be met and that can ruin your day. I know my family loves me and appreciates me even when I feel like I failed. Being part of a family is tough but rewarding. Chris and I are working hard to not be a perfect family, but one that loves each other even when things are perfect. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: