Thursday, November 15, 2012

New House

It has been a very busy two weeks, but we are settled and LOVING our new house! The move was a little rough as the movers didn't show up on the day we had scheduled them to arrive.(Even though I called to confirm the day before and they said we were good!) They ended up coming the next day at 6am after a very long day of waiting to see if they were going to show up. It added a little more stress to our move than I would of liked. Our first night in the house was us sleeping on the floor with the boys' mattresses that we dragged over from the old house at 9:30 at night and the big boys slept on a air mattress. Luckily my sister took the little ones for me over night. All day long I was lead to believe by the moving company that we were going to come and they just never showed up. It was not a fun waiting game, to say the least they were not very helpful or very apologetic about their mistake.  To top it off Chris had to leave with Owen to lead his Boys Scout meeting and I was just sitting in an empty house waiting for the movers to call which they never did! It wasn't until 10pm that night they called us to say they weren't going to come that day, umm...really?  I was actually pretty impressed that I didn't break down that day, but I was close. I am done ranting!  Also remember when I posted about how sad I was to leave our old house....well I can say I am not sad anymore! I love having more room! I love my kitchen! I love not feeling as if we are on top of each other anymore! It truly makes a difference in our daily life to have more space to move and breath. It took some time for the boys to get adjusted but they are now loving it just as much also. It feels like we have been in this house a lot longer than two weeks and it already feels like home. We are still deciding where to hang things and changing things around here and there, which I am sure will go on for awhile. I get my exercise in this house as it is three floors and our garage is a drive under so we are going up and down the stairs often. I tend to also lose Kyle in the house often. We had to install a high top lock so he wouldn't escape out the garage. Hopefully we will be here for two years and during those two years get more ready to buy our next house. Our next house I want to make sure is the house I want where we will live for a VERY long time. This whole moving thing is not fun!
Our first night at the house eating dinner without any furniture. They were all good sports about the whole thing.

No comments: