We are two weeks into summer and I actually have to say it is going better than I expected. Last summer was really hard on me and I was kind of expected the same thing, but with Kyle that much older and so much more independent it has been going really well. We have gotten into a good routine and I have found that we need to get out of the house and do something almost everyday. They are even sleeping until about 8 every morning. There has been days where we have done too much and we are all tired and cranky by the end of the day so we are working on a happy medium. We need to find the good balance and doing fun things and also having some down time at home. So far we have done the following: pool with friends and without, fun with cousins, rock climbing, hiking, Catch Air, Cobb County Airport, playgrounds with friends, Stone Mountain, baseball, sleepovers and fort building. We also have had unbelievable weather not typical Georgia weather. I am enjoying it for now because I know the heat and humidity is coming. Of course there has been the usually sibling fighting and moments I think I might lose it, but overall it has been good. I did forget how much they always need me when they are all home my name is being called constantly. It can get very overwhelming at times, but I am trying really hard this summer to just enjoy being with them and making memories. This is not to say that all of our outings go smoothly or everyone is happy at times, but we are still having fun. My favorite outing is when I took the boys hiking. Everyone got along and they were talking to me about all the fun things they remember doing with Chris and I. It made me realize how important it is to keep on making memories even though it can be hard at times. They don't remember the bad part! I know I have said this before, but I needed to be reminded of it often.

We bought these bean bag chairs for the boys and it was such a great purchase. They love them.
The boys at Stone Mountain. We went for the Laser Show and it was a beautiful night. It was a great family outing.
Kyle LOVES getting his picture taken.
It was a fun night and I am looking forward to having a lot more fun this summer.
1 comment:
Love keeping up with your blog and watching your boys grow, and I can't believe how big they have all gotten!
Post a Comment