On his last day I had balloons waiting for him in the waiting room and he acted all cool like he was embarrassed that I got them, but once we were in the car you could tell how much he liked it. I am so proud of him and how hard he worked.
Saturday, June 16, 2012
FINISHED!!
We made it! 36 sessions done! Noah finished Brain Balance on June 5th and then spent two days doing some testing so we could see how far he has come. We have our meeting this Thursday to find out, but they seemed pleased. It was a tough road and we had many up and down moments. I am proud of how hard he worked and I really believe that this was a growing experience for all of us. The last time I wrote about Brain Balance it was at the very beginning and I was so overwhelmed and it was really tough. It did get easier and it was great to see how the whole family got involved. Even Kyle would bring him his glasses or his brush during his exercises. It quickly became part of every one's routine. Just because he is done with Brain Balance doesn't mean the work stops. He is still doing his supplements and diets. We are still having him do lots of reading and math work over the summer. Just because we are done doesn't mean he still won't struggle in school, but we have be given a huge boost and tools to help him succeed. I truly believe the biggest thing he has gained from all of this is more confidence in himself. After his final test we went out to celebrate. We went to dinner and ice cream. We let him cheat on his diet and he was excited about it. The only bad thing about having him cheat is that we have found that dairy really effects his mood. Within about an hour he gets in a pretty negative mood and he just needs to sleep it off and then he is better. It is crazy to think how much his diet truly effects him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY NOAH!!!
Very proud of you Noah!!! You have grown up so much and I see lots of positive things happening. HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!! LOVE YOU.
Post a Comment