Friday, September 30, 2011

Madison Trip

We were planning a trip away for our 10 year anniversary and as it was getting closer I started to research the place we wanted to go and realized just how expensive it was going to be. I didn't feel comfortable spending that much so I was trying to brainstorm a new idea when Chris came up with a plan. He needed to go back to Madison, WI for a meeting with Trek so we worked with Trek and his boss and we ended up going a couple days earlier and spending three nights, four days in Madison, WI and the best part....it didn't cost of anything! I know that Madison isn't the place where you dream of going away with your husband, but right now I would take anything that would get me away for a couple of days. We got to stay right in downtown Madison in the Trek Mansion. It is a beautiful old house that they made into a inn to host their dealers and the public. We had a beautiful room and I was in heaven. The city is set up so that you can bike anywhere! Bike lanes everywhere. It was very neat and I would love to live somewhere that is how we get to places. Madison is also surrounded by two different lakes and is a college town. We spent our first day there biking around one of the lakes and exploring. We enjoyed lots of walks, meals out and just relaxing in our room. We rented a car and went to see Trek headqaurters and then hiking. Chris had a meeting on Thursday, but I didn't care at all. I enjoyed the day by going on walks, shopping and eating lunch in a cafe. It was just what we needed. I came home refreshed and ready to face all the craziness in my life. Chris in front of the Mansion.

The view from our hike. Which was in a state park and I believe we were the only ones in the park.

Probably my favorite part of our room. Our bathroom! Huge shower and great jetted tub. Heaven! Beautiful staircase. The detail in this place was amazing. The Mansion was decorated with pictures of old Madison and pictures of Trek.
In front of the capital building which is the center of this city.

Showing off one fo the lakes. The weather was beautiful! I was amazed how I was never tired and how clearly I could think when I was away from everything. It was a great get away. Thanks to Grammie and Great Gram for holding down the fort for us!



























1 comment:

David and Kate said...

Glad you had a great trip!