Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Sports

After a long spring/summer baseball season we decided to take a break. Owen wasn't going to do anything and I was changing his mind constantly. I wasn't ok with him not doing anything because I feel like he is too young to not try out different things so he can figure out what he truly enjoys. As time was running out I got an email about a tennis program at our church. He was super excited about trying out tennis. He started in the middle of August. He has done really well and I can't believe how much he has improved since the first day. I hope this is something he will continue to pursue. It isn't a long season, but it is perfect for Owen. So proud of him and how well he has done!

Noah wanted to do flag football again this year. He loves it, of course. He has been playing quarterback and he is dong really well. He is very calm and makes really great plays. I keep saying that I think this will be his sport, but I am nervous about getting him into tackle football. I think next year I will have no choice and he will be trying out tackle football next fall. I have been enjoying our fall schedule. Owen's matches are on Friday and Noah's games are on Saturday. It is nice to not be crazy all day Saturday. Owen's tennis ends next week and Noah's at the end of October. We will have a couple of weeks off and then it will be time for basketball. It will be the first time the boys will be playing.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing Owens game in tennis and winning, was so exciting. Owen...you are a natural. Keep up the good work, and Noah.....watching him passing that football was just incredible.Even your coach told grammy and I that you were the best on the team.....It was a thrill to see you both in action....Dad will soon have to build a special "trophy" case for all those winnings....A BIG hug to you both....