I can't believe they are done with another school year! The older I get the faster time goes by! Of course there were days and even weeks I felt like time was standing still, but looking back it went by way too quickly. I love the end of school and I get just as excited as they do about summer starting. It is great to not rush around at night, pack lunches, check homework and then run around in the morning. I do like having them home, but the first couple of weeks of summer is an adjustment for everyone. It can be rough at times, but eventually we fall into a good routine. On the last day of school I like to do something fun to celebrate. I am a true believer in making special days, well special. I am all about traditions. I want my kids to grow up and pass on these traditions or at least remember them! This year Connor and I went out and got super soakers. He practiced all morning long shooting his gun. As the boys passed by on the bus we waved and then went to hide. They came running down the street all excited, little did they know we were waiting for them. We jumped out and soaked them! They were surprised! It was a fun way to celebrate. Later on that night we ordered pizza and then had a family water gun fight. Yeah for summer!

Connor hiding, waiting for the boys!

My 3rd and 2nd graders!


Water gun fight after dinner! Looking forward to a fun filled summer!
1 comment:
How fun!
Post a Comment