Saturday, February 5, 2011

Who Do You Love Connor?

When we ask that question to Connor the first thing he says is ZOE!! After Zoe is Mommy and Daddy, and that depends on if he is in trouble or not at that moment or if he is upset for one of us for some reason. But that boy loves his dog. I wanted to share a story from this past week. Zoe needed a bath really bad, she would walk into a room and you could smell her, so we decided to get her groomed. I told Connor what we were going to do and we left the house and headed to the pet place to drop her off. When we get in there I realized I forgot something in the car so I hand the groomer Zoe and head to the car with the little ones. When we get back Zoe is crying and she is in a crate. Connor is concerned and the groomer lets him give her a bone so I can talk with the groomer, since this is the first time we have done something like this with her before. The whole time Connor is sitting outside Zoe's crate and Zoe is crying. It is time to leave and we head out the door, the whole time Zoe is crying. We get out the groomers door and Connor stops, looks up at me and burst into tears. He says "I don't want to leave Zoe! Zoe is crying! We can't leave! Don't leave Zoe!" I explain to Connor that we will be back and that Zoe will be fine. We will pick her up and she will look so pretty. Well, Connor didn't like the answer and was so concerned that he cried all the way to gymnastic class and I had to get him to stop before we walked in. He pulled himself together and after class we went to meet a friend for lunch and afterwards Connor got to play in the indoor playground. It is always hard to get him to leave places like this, but while we were there the groomer called to say Zoe was ready. I tell Connor we need to go pick up Zoe and he ran out the door so excited. The reunion was a very happy one!

No comments: