Last Sunday I ran a half marathon in Kennesaw, GA. It was the perfect temperature for it and I felt pretty ready. I have done a half marathon before and I have trained for several others, but something always happens right before the race that prevents me from doing it. I have even ended up pregnant or sick. I kept on expecting something to get in the way of this one, but nothing did! My boys were all there to support me, which meant a lot to me because everyone had to be up, dressed and out the door by 6:30am. They got to see me several times during the race and they were always encouraging, except after the first mile. As I was passing him he said to me "Come on mom, you can do better than this!" It took me by surprise, but it did make me push a little harder. I finished 3rd in my age group with a time of 1:53! When we were driving home I was telling Chris how I was disappointed in certain parts of my running and how I could of done some things differently and Noah said "Mom, stop talking like that. You did really well and should be proud of yourself!" He was right and I wasn't that surprised to hear it from him because Chris and I preach it to him all the time after a baseball game. Maybe I should take my own advice!

The boys running with me to the finish line.

After the race and Connor loved my medal! Looking forward to my next one.
3 comments:
-Kristin, You should be very proud of yourself. Looking at you, you are an inspiration to woman and mothers of all ages. You would never know you have 3 boys. You look GREAT!!!
Way to go Kristin! What's next ?
yeah which one is next? I just joined a group traing for one in Feb. but of course pregnancy could get in the way if that happens soon.
Post a Comment