We left early on July 5th to drive up to Saranac Lake to Mom-mom and Pop-pop's house. It is a five hour drive, but with four children, five adults, one dog and three cars it took us about 8 hours. We spent the next four days up at the lake. It rained most of the time and it was very cool. We had a fire most nights, but as always it is very relaxing and so fun to be at the lake. Chris and I had lots of plans of swimming, hiking and biking while we were there, but the weather didn't allow of to do that, but we all still had fun. Here are some pictures. 
We stopped at Blue Mountain Lake on the way up. This is the lake my grandparents owned a resort called The Hedges and where I spent every summer for 22 years! I love this lake!
We did get to go out on the boat a couple of times in between rains showers and Noah and Owen each got to drive the boat. 

We stopped at Blue Mountain Lake on the way up. This is the lake my grandparents owned a resort called The Hedges and where I spent every summer for 22 years! I love this lake!
We did get to go out on the boat a couple of times in between rains showers and Noah and Owen each got to drive the boat. 
We did go swimming and it was so cold! It was take your breath away cold. I actually screamed when I came out of the water.We didn't stay in long, but at least we said we swam in the lake and Adirondacks has the best lakes. I actually consider myself a lake snob because I was spoiled by growing up on these lakes.
Bray and Connor enjoying some bath time. They were both laughing very hard as they splashed each other! It was so great to spend a couple of days with Rachel and Bray and have the cousins just be able to hang out of play together.
Aunt Joan came up to visit when we were there and we tried to sneak in a hike one morning.
Here were are at the beginning of our hike.....and below is us at the end! It rained and it rained hard! We were about a mile out when the rain started.
Everyone left on Tuesday afternoon, but our family stayed one more night so we went into Lake Placid for the evening. We got to visit the Olympic center and see the hockey rinks used during the Olympics. Lake Placid is a beautiful town. 

Here are my grandparents with three of their great grandchildren. They have 12 great grandchildren! It was a great couple of days of being with family, staying up late talking, playing games, and of course eating! It was sad to leave but it was time to head to our next stop!
No comments:
Post a Comment