Monday, April 6, 2009

Family Afternoon

We just haven't been good about doing family nights. I feel like life is busy and I get overwhelemed thinking about it, but then I realized I didn't have to have a theme to make it a family night I just needed to do something with the family that would allow us to just focus on being together and having fun. So this past Saturday we loaded up the boys, their bikes, our rollerblades and the stroller and spent the afternoon riding. It was great. The boys talked to us the whole time and they were so proud of themselves and how much they rode. This is what happens after wearing a helmet for a long time! We ended the afternoon with some ice cream on the way home.
Just like many families it is easy to get into a rut or a routine with your weekends and your evenings. Lately we have been lazy about taking time and just being together as a family for a couple of hours a week. Sorry boys for being lazy, I promise to do better!

2 comments:

Kerry Giumarra said...

Owen looks so proud!

Anonymous said...

papa and i are looking forword to biking with noah and owen!