Monday, March 2, 2009

Family Day/Night-Snowmen!

I decided on Thursday of last week to put away all our heavy coats, gloves, and hats. I told my friend Katie what I did and she said, "Thanks Kristin, we are now going to get snow!" I guess she was right. It snowed in Georgia which is amazing, but it snowed on March 1st! The day before I went running in carpi pants and a short sleeve shirt! Crazy weather. Anyway, the day before the snow came the boys told me we needed a family night and I asked them what they wanted to do and they said snowmen, which we were suppose to do a while back. It worked out great and we kind of made a day out of it! Look at how much fun we had.
First they played and had their own snowball fight!

Then we built our own snowman and had another snowball fight. After everyone was soaked and cold we headed inside for some hot chocolate.
After the hot chocolate we just hung out together and before dinner they all got into their snowman pj's and they made their own snowmen. Connor was sleeping while we were outside playing in the snow and during the craft time he had funny ripping up the paper that was dropped on the floor. After dinner we all snuggled on the couch and watched "Frosty the Snowman" It was fun unexpected snow day for us southerners!







1 comment:

Katy McGuffey said...

That's not fair! We had snow all afternoon, but it didn't stick at all! We definitely weren't able to make a snowman. Oh well. They got over 3" in Raleigh!