Thursday, June 19, 2014

It Finally Happened

As I have mentioned in the past Kyle is obsessed with baseball. Most likely because that is what our life consists of right now. If we aren't at a practice we are at a game. He recently became obsessed with wearing Connor's helmet. He also likes to run around our living room and then slide into home (which is the kitchen). When he does this he comes awfully close to the fireplace. We had a couple of close calls and then we would put up couch cushions to help with any major accidents.
 
Well.....today we were eating lunch and Kyle got done and wanted to play baseball. He asked me to get Connor's helmet. Connor's helmet was in the car so I told him he would have to wait. He started to play baseball and on his first "hit" he ran the bases, but tripped and fell right into the fireplace. I didn't see it I just heard the screaming. I ran over moved his hand and knew we were in trouble. I got him over to the sink and to my surprise I actually had a bandaid! (Shocking I know) I gave all the kids some instructions and we got into the car to head to Children's Urgent Care. The picture below was taken a copule days before the accident. Let me just say if I had gone to get the helmet this day would of turned out a lot differently. (parenting fail)
 
He calmed down on the way to urgent care and when we got here they put on some numbing cream and we had to wait 30 minutes. His brothers did a great job loving on him.


After 30 minutes we went back where they ended up giving him 7 stitches. He was a champ! Didn't cry, but he was so nervous. Connor doesn't do well with this kind of stuff so he had to leave the room!
No swimming for a week, but that works out great because we leave for the beach in a week and he will be good to go at that point. I am pretty sure he won't be playing baseball like that anymore!

No comments: