Sunday, October 13, 2013

Vector

 Kyle wanted a turtle so badly, but I wasn't on board with the whole turtle thing so we settled on a fish. Connor, Kyle and I headed out to pick out this wonderful goldfish which we named Vector. Kyle was very excited, but we did have some issues. The biggest one being that Kyle wanted to hold the fish. He had a hard time understanding that we don't hold fish or even touch them. I constantly would find him trying to touch the fish and I was worried he would dump over the tank. The other problem was the cat...I am pretty sure Minion wanted to eat Vector for breakfast. Well, all these issues didn't last long because Vector passed away four days after we got him. It happened at night so Chris flushed him down the toilet and decided that we would just wait to tell Kyle when he asked about Vector. The next morning Noah noticed and wanted to tell Kyle so we let him. Kyle got really quiet and then the bottom lip came out. He started to cry and then he wanted to call Connor to tell him (Connor was sleeping over a friends house). We knew we couldn't call Connor so we had him call Mima. He got on the phone and said all sad "Vector is dead!" It was so cute. I am happy to say that he recovered really quick and he hasn't mentioned getting another fish again! I think we will stay away from fish for awhile.




1 comment:

Dad and Nan said...

Hmmm, seems like his luck with fish was as good as Uncle Mike's. Mike tried to convince us that the fish were already "furry" when we bought them at the store!