Well, we have been on summer break for about three weeks now. We have all been enjoying the down time and having no schedule.I think we have finally gotten into a good routine. The first two weeks are always a little rough as we get used to a new normal. Every summer I am pretty good about planning outings once or twice a week. This summer that really hasn't happened. We have spent every weekend on the baseball field and pretty much baseball has been our life. Chris has been the pitching coach and has loved every minute of it and I have to tell you he is such a great coach. Also Chris has officially left Free Flite so he is home now and that has been a readjustment for Chris and I. So, our summer has a little different feel so far. I have had moments of extreme guilt that we haven't done anything yet and I can get wrapped up in what other people are doing. I have decided that pintrest can quickly make you feel like the worst mom if you are not doing all these fun, unique, crafty things with your children. I am in constant fear on not making memories for my children. In doing this I think I become a a worse mom because I start to feel bad about myself and then I get in a bad mood which effects my children. I know that baseball will end and we will have more time. I also know that I need to stop feeling so guilty and stop looking to make everything so great and perfect for my children and just be with them. So summer this far hasn't been as boring as I feel it has been. My children has had SEVERAL sleepovers with their best friends. Noah has had am amazing summer getting to play baseball everyday alongside with his very best friend. Owen spent a week at Cub Scout camp and had a blast! Connor has spent a couple of nights at Bray's and his friend Drew's house. We have played at the pool, gone on bike rides, played home run derby together, stayed up late watching movies and catching fireflies and this coming week we head to VBS. I don't have any pictures to document our fun except one from Owen on his last day of camp, but I guess summer so far has been good. We also have lots and lots going on in the month of July.

No comments:
Post a Comment