The door opened and I thought "Wow! They are home early! I wondered what happened." Then I heard Noah say "Mom, Owen got REALLY hurt!" At that moment Chris comes in carrying Owen and explains to me what happened. He flipped over his bike while on the BMX track and the handlebars ended up going into him and hard. He was crying and was in a lot of pain. He couldn't walk or really stand up. Chris and I debated what we should do. Did we really need to go to the ER? Couldn't we just wait and see how he feels in a little while. I hate going to the regular doctor let alone the ER, especially if it is going to be nothing. We could tell he was in a lot of pain so we decided to take him. Noah was really concerned so he wanted to go with me. We drove down the children's hospital and surprising we were taken in right away. Apparently any injury to the abdomen area is taken VERY seriously. We were in a room in less than five minutes with a doctor waiting for us. The doctor was concerned and pressed around and Owen was clearly in a lot of pain. They hooked him up to an IV, took blood and ordered a CT scan. They were worried about some internal damage. We got the CT scan done pretty quickly and a little over an hour later we got the results that he was a very lucky boy! He didn't do anything internally, but there was very deep bruise and he was probably going to be in alot of pain. They gave him some morphine and prescribed some strong pain medication. It was quite the day, but we are really glad it wasn't anything more serious. Noah was a great big brother helping him out as much as possible. He even got up with him in the middle night to help him go to the bathroom. Owen stayed home yesterday, but was back at school today, but he didn't participate in recess or p.e. He will limit his activity for the next week and I am pretty sure the BMX track is off limits for him for awhile!
This was the mark one day after and you can't really tell how swollen it is in this picture. This was the mark today and the bruising has really gotten worse! It looks more painful today than it really is which is good.
This is Kyle's belly because when I was taking a picture of Owen Kyle was insisting I take a picture of his belly!
No comments:
Post a Comment