On the same day as my triathlon we had an even bigger and
much more important event to attend. It was also a big reason why my parents came down. Owen got baptized! He came to me about month ago and said he was ready so we attended the baptism class called Footsteps at our church. He had to meet with the children's minister at our church and then he had to tape his testimony. He was real excited about it and we were so proud of his decision. They had a special service in the chapel where each kids testimony was shared and then they were baptized. When Owen's face came on the big screen and he shared his testimony I immediately got filled up. I loved hearing him talk about how he became a Christian and why he wanted be be baptized. He also shared that his favorite verse was Philippians 4:13. During his baptism he looked terrified. He doesn't like to be the center of attention and the chapel was filled with lots of people. After all the kids were baptized we got to pray over him and he had his Sunday school teachers from last year and his RA leader there to support and pray over him. After the service there was a cake reception. It was a real special moment and we were so proud of him! Chris and I gave him a cross necklace and a stone with his verse on it. We are excited to see how God will work in his life. He truly is a unique kid!

Owen's testimony on the big screen!
Getting baptized!
Owen with his RA leader and Sunday school teachers who came to support him.
The family! Papa, Uncle Brady and Noah were also there but they had to scoot out before the reception because Noah had a playoff baseball game to play in. Life with four kids : )! Owen we love you so much and I know I have already said it a couple of times in this blog, but I can't say it enough. Daddy and I are so proud of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment