Waiting for the swim to begin! Kyle is happy for waking up at 4:45am!
It was a cool morning (62 degrees and the water was 69!) I think the nerves took away from any feeling from how cool the water was. The swim was rough. The start was crazy and chaotic! I never got into a good rhythm. I was disappointed because I really trained for the swim this time around. The bike was 19 miles long and I felt good the whole time.
As I rounded the corner to go into transition I see my family, the Holcomb family and my parents there cheering me on! I didn't know my mom and dad would be there! They surprised me and I was so happy to see them. It gave me that little extra push to finish strong!
The run was 3 miles and I ran 7:32 minute miles!! I was so excited! I did the whole thing in 1:46. That is four and half minutes faster than four years ago. I placed 47th overall out of 1042 ladies and 14th out of 260 in my age group.
Thank you Mom and Dad for coming to support me!
My boys were so excited for me! I think I might be addicted now. This definitely won't be my last triathlon. I already have started to see what other ones I can train for!
No comments:
Post a Comment