Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break

Spring break was about two weeks ago, but I am a little behind. We had no plans for the week and Chris was working. We have had beautiful weather here and it was beautiful all week. We spent most mornings taking our time getting ready for the day, breaking the rules I usually enforce. We took a hike, went to the zoo with friends, rode bikes, played pick up games of baseball, had many, many play dates and stayed up too late. Chris and I spent the weekends doing yard work and stuff around the house. It was eye opening for me for what the summer is going to be like, good and bad. I spent the first part of the week feeling overwhelmed and stressed with the no schedule, but just like anything else we sort of feel into a good routine and I really enjoyed the week. It was hard to get up and going on the Monday after, but we only have 5 1/2 weeks left until summer break!
Hanging out eating breaksfast, watching tv.

Before entering the zoo. Look how funny Kyle looks!

1 comment:

Dad and Nan said...

Glad you had such good weather on your break. Emily just had her April vacation and it's been so windy, dreary and cold! Send some heat our way!