Monday, February 16, 2009

Family Night-Valentine's Day!

So, I have not been doing family nights since November. December was busy with lots of family activities and then January we had so many changes with our schedules and I kind of got into a funk. I couldn't get it together to plan a family night. I knew it was needed and I had ideas, but never followed through. Well, this weekend we started up again and I hope to do one at least every other week. We celebrated Valentine's Day! Chris and I really don't celebrate Valentine's Day and the kids get so excited for any kind of holiday so it was fun to include them in on our fun. We celebrated Friday night and this is how it went down.
Our dollar store decorations to set the mood for dinner.
Homemade pizza and the boys were so impressed that I was able to spell out I love you with pepperoni! During dinner we went around the table and told each other what we love about each other. It was very cute to hear what the boys had to say about us and each other. They really put thought into their answers and made us realize that the little things we do is very important to them and make them feel very loved.
For dessert I made individual heart cakes. So, we gave Connor his cake and waited to see how he would react. We made sure not to make any sudden movements or draw attention to the cake.
It looks like he is enjoying it so far. He was a little hesitant at first, but decided to go for it.
I guess it was too much for him in the end because he just lost it and started to cry! We ended the night watching "Charlie Brown's Valentine's". We also took a family picture and these are my two favorites.

Yes, I made everyone wear red! I don't know how many more years I have left that my boys will do this for me! As always it was a great night together as a family!









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING !!!!! The color RED looks great on all of you. I have no words, just laughs, when I look at Connor and his ongoing love for cake...... What is wrong with him??? The pizza looks wonderful!
LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of the Willis family..All those smiles and every one looking so happy. (I assume you took that picture before Connor ate his cake...) Hugs and Kisses to all....

Kerry Giumarra said...

I love your blog... I love that I can laugh with you even when we live so far apart! I am laughing out loud right now about Connor and Cake. It is so hysterical!
Love the new blog layout and the family picture is awesome!

Allison Hooks said...

The new pictures are great. I love the idea of family night!