We celebrated his birthday on Saturday evening with family and it was perfect. My mother in law came down on Friday for all the fun. We had pizza and cake and all the cousins ran around and played together. They have such a good time together. As I was getting ready for the party to begin I got really sad about this being my last one to hit this milestone. It made me realize he is getting bigger and I won't have anymore babies in the house and be able to experience all those fun milestones. I really just need to stop and really enjoy the time I have with him now.
Now for the funny part of the party..we sang happy birthday and he was smiling until I gave him the cake to eat. He looked at it and wouldn't touch it so I decided to put some icing on my finger and feed him some. I put my finger in his mouth and he gagged and then started to cry and never touched the cake again! I couldn't believe it and I was kind of bummed. I told Chris that we needed to do some DNA testing to make sure he was our child. The next morning I tried again to give him some thinking having everyone watching him was the problem, but he gagged again! Anyway, it was a great party. Today he woke up to the balloon in his room from the balloon fairy, Grammie brought him his first pair of shoes, we gave him our gifts, and then took him out for ice cream.....and he LOVED it! He liked it so much that would grab the spoon from us if we took to long in between bites. I love this kid so much!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNOR!!
2 comments:
I just returned home from an amazing trip and couldn't wait to look at these pictures again and again and AGAIN..... Truly, it is an experience to spend time with this family. I can't be more thankful than to have my grandsons be raised by such an amazing set of parents. I was so proud when Noah's teacher said that she would "love to clone this family." Oh, when you see the picture of Connor NOT liking his birthday cake. Believe it, it was unbelievable. This little guy is such a joy!
BE SAFE AND I LOVE YOU!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CONNOR!!! I'll never forget coming to see you and him in the hospital and those first few days and weeks...I can't believe it's already been a year.
Post a Comment