Friday, October 24, 2014

New Job!

This week I started a new job and I am super excited about it! Last January, after a very long interview process I didn't get a job at Browns Bridge Church that I really wanted. I was so bummed! I wanted something more than my current job at JFBC.  Chris and I were sick of me going down to JFBC every Sunday and my family going to Browns Bridge. I knew there was a reason I didn't get the job, but I was still bummed. I felt stuck because I needed to work, but didn't know what else I would, could or wanted to do. Fast forward to September, I am knee deep in homeschooling when Rachel tells me there are some part time positions opened at BBC within there Waumba Land department. I contact them and let them know I am interested. I was really worried because of the boys being home schooled and if I got the job what that would look like. I let them know my situation and they were great about working around what I had going on. I will be working 20 hours a week as the Host Team Director and doing administration work for the Waumba Land team. I just finished my first week and it was a little overwhelming, but any new job is at first. It is a little weird for everyone that I am working outside of the home and I am sure we are going to have to get adjusted to a new routine at home also. Below is a picture of me on my first day! YAY!

No comments: