Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Adventures

This summer has been going really well. We have been keeping busy and I have found out that my boys really do enjoy being home and just playing. They have come up with countless games and for the most part they are getting along really well. We spent last week going to VBS at our church and they all had a good time. I realized this week that summer is going by quickly and it makes me sad. I also was starting to get a little depressed as the temperatures soared into the 100's. I knew I needed to come up with some new things to do and just embrace the high temperatures. I found a website that gave me a bunch of information about things to do in the area so we headed out Monday morning for our first adventure. It was a success! We headed to the Big Tree Forest Preserve in Sandy Springs. It is right off a major road and you would never know that it is there. We hiked a bunch of trails.




 After we finished with our little hike we headed to a park we read about that was just down the road. It ended up being one the best parks we have been too. It was on this lake (which was pretty dried up since we haven't gotten a lot of rain this summer) and it had some cool playground equipment. We had a picnic lunch there and I had to convince the boys to leave after two hours. They had so much fun.


They had all these porch swings facing the water. Everyone came home exhausted!






1 comment:

David and Kate said...

Those swings are pretty cool! You are a great mom Kristin!