There has been some funny stuff going on here lately and I wanted to blog it so I would remember years from now.
1. On Christmas Eve Chris gave the family a Flip camera during lunch. I opened it and said "This is the best gift ever!" Noah chimed in with "No, Mommy! Jesus is the best gift!"
2. On Christmas Eve we were getting ready to go to church and Owen asked "Mommy are we going to have Christian food while we are there?" I replied by saying "What do you mean Christian food?" "You know, the bread and juice, Christian food!" Too cute!
3. While at the doctors office for Owen's check up he went to get his eyes checked and I waited in the room with Connor. I heard the nurse ask him to read this line and he said, I can't. She went to the next line and the same thing happened. This happened about two more times when I came out of the room and I was confused and said "Owen, can you not tell me what letter that is?" He said, "Yes, I can tell you what letter it is, but I can't read it!"
4. We started a new tradition of praying as a family each night before bed. Chris picks the topic and we each pray for something specific. It has already created some memories. One night we had to pray for something we were struggling with and we didn't know what each person was going to pray about. Owen prayed the following "Dear God, Please help me with my galloping in PE. I am not doing it right and need to do it right to get a good grade. In Jesus Name Amen" It was hard not to burst out laughing during his pray. A couple of days later we had to pray for someone who was struggling and Noah prayed for Colt McCoy, the Texas quarterback who got injured in the playoffs. He was very sincere. "Dear God, I want to pray a special prayer for Colt McCoy. Please help his shoulder to get better so he can play football again. Please be with him as he was sad he couldn't play in the game. In Jesus Name, Amen."
5. I asked Owen what he wanted to be when he grew up and he said "A parent!" "Great, but what about a job, how are you going to pay for things and take care of your family?" I asked. "I am going to make my wife get a job and do that!" Owen replied! I think we need to work on him before he starts dating.
6. Noah came to me and asked me where his favorite shirt was, which he wore yesterday. I told him it was in the laundry, which I just did yesterday. He left the room and then came back a few minutes later and said "Mom, you really should think about doing some laundry today." Chris replied by saying, "One thing you should never say to your mom!" Where did I go wrong?
So, those of some of the stories I can remember right now, but I don't want to forget them. They make us laugh everyday and there are days they make me cry, but more times then not they are making me laugh.
2 comments:
What great stories!
hysterical!! Really... I am laughing out loud here! Could be a book of funny quotes. I love the "what we are struggling with best!"
Post a Comment