Sunday, September 13, 2009

Family Night at the Bike Shop

So family nights pretty much disappeared over the summer. We were always doing something together so I didn't feel the need to set a night aside for a theme or an event. I also ran out of ideas and my creativity level has been pretty low lately. Once school started and all the other activities got on their way we quickly realized we needed to make it a priority again. This time we will not have a theme each week, but more of a designated night of just being together. This past week we had our family night at Chris' bike shop and it was a huge hit. We met him after the store closed and was ready to have some fun. With music blasting and all of us dressed for the night we started off with some water bottle bowling. After a very excited couple of rounds of bowling we moved on to tricycle racing. Chris made a track and we timed them. After our race ended we played a couple rounds of hide and go seek! It really was a fun night. Here are just a couple more fun pictures from our night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! love the water bottle bowling! can't wait to see what is next.

Anonymous said...

Kristin, you remind me of "Julie, the cruise director" of the "Love Boat" You may be too young to remember her?? In any event, your idea was very creative. Everyone looks so colorful in their jerseys. I would love to order that picture of the three boys.

Kerry Giumarra said...

I love it. You are such an awesome mom and wife. I am inspired!

Jeremy and Kara said...

Love it Kristin! we haven't gotten past "game night" yet and that's the new obsession but I'm sure as she gets older and more kids come along, I'll need creative ideas like this. Keep posting so I can take mental notes. =)